Ciara C. Willis
Ciara Willis focuses her practice on civil litigation in state and federal courts, primarily in matters involving business and contract disputes, condominium associations, homeowner associations, real estate, employment litigation, and other general commercial litigation matters. Ms. Willis also serves as general counsel for a variety of residential and professional community associations, as well as Community Development Districts (“CDDs”).
Prior to coming to private practice, Ms. Willis was a law clerk at Raymond James where she worked on matters relating to FINRA and SEC regulations, cyber security, contracts, employment law, international law, and other matters. Ms. Willis was also a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Justice Barbara J. Pariente at the Florida Supreme Court, responsible for making recommendations on petitions for discretionary review and preparing memoranda for the Justices. Additionally, she has worked with in-house counsel at Bankers Financial and interned with the Honorable Judge Paul Huey at the 13th Judicial Circuit General Civil Business Court.
In her first year of practice, Ms. Willis was appointed to, and now currently serves on as an elected representative, The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, one of the largest young lawyer groups in the country with approximately 25,000 members. Ms. Willis also currently serves on the Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL) Board of Directors and the Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyer Division Board of Directors.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay ("APABA-TB"), Member 2019 – Present
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association ("NAPABA"), Member 2019 – Present
The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 2017 – Present
- Law School Affiliates, Chair, 2020 – Present
- Law Student Division, Co-Chair, 2018 – 2020
- Basic CLE Committee, Member, 2018 – Present
- Awards Committee, Member, 2020 – Present
- Affiliate Outreach Committee, Member, 2019 – 2020
- Webinars Committee, Member, 2018 – 2019
Florida Association for Woman Lawyers (FAWL), Member 2013 – Present
Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL), Member 2016 – Present
- Board of Directors, 2020 – Present
- Young Lawyer Division, Chair, 2017 – Present
Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2016 – Present
- Young Lawyer Division Board of Directors, Ex-Officio, 2019 – Present
- Young Lawyer Division, Membership Committee, Co-Chair, 2017 – 2018
- Young Lawyer Division, Law Week Committee, Member, 2016 – 2017
Stetson University College of Law Tampa Bay Alumni Leadership Committee, Member 2016 – Present
Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay, Member 2016 – Present
Tampa Bay Seminole Club, Member 2017 – Present
Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter, Member 2017 – 2020
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Moderator, “Basic CLE Bankruptcy Law” The Florida Bar, Virtual CLE (Fall 2020)
- Ciara C. Willis, Note, Age is Just a Number; Not a Reason to Force Retirement, 11 J. Comparative and Int’l Aging L. & Pol’y 67. (Spring 2020).
- Speaker, “The Florida Bar & How to Get Involved” Hosted by Hispanic Organization of Legal Advocates, Cooley Law School, Tampa, FL (January 22, 2020).
- Moderator, HAWL Diversity & Leadership – A Networking Breakfast Series “Speaking Up and Making a Difference as a Young Lawyer” Tampa, FL (November 14, 2019)
- Moderator, “Basic CLE Business Law” The Florida Bar, Tampa, FL (October 11, 2019)
- Moderator, HAWL Diversity & Leadership – A Networking Breakfast Series “First Generation Lawyers” Tampa, FL (September 26, 2019)
- Moderator, “Basic CLE Estate Planning & Probate” The Florida Bar, Tampa, FL (May 18, 2018)
- April 2018, Panelist, Courtroom Etiquette Panel hosted by The Florida Bar YLD Law Student Division, Stetson Chapter.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2019 – 2020
William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, 2016
Ciara Willis was born in Miami, Florida and raised in Jensen Beach, Florida.
- June 8, 2020
- May 30, 2019
- April 25, 2019
- February 13, 2019
Judicial Intern to the Honorable Justice Barbara J. Pariente, Florida Supreme Court
Judicial Intern to the the Honorable Judge Paul Huey, 13th Judicial Circuit General Civil Business Court
- Stetson University College of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2016
- Dean's Full Tuition Merit Scholarship
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of International Aging Law and Policy
- Florida State University, B.S., Finance & B.S., Applied Economics cum laude, 2013
Bar and Court Admissions
United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida