Jennifer Chapman is a member of the firms Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate practice group. For more than a decade, she has focused her practice on providing comprehensive domestic and international income tax and wealth transfer advisory and compliance services (including the preparation of Federal and state estate tax returns). Jennifer’s practice takes a holistic approach to estate planning and assists clients reaching their personal and estate planning goals while also fostering tax-efficiency. Using this approach, Jennifer often integrates charitable giving vehicles, multi-generational trusts, investment partnerships and business transactions with closely held family businesses to carry out her client's overall objectives.
Jennifer is knowledgeable of federal income, gift and estate taxation, wills, trusts, estate planning and estate administration. She is trusted advisor to a variety of clients, including multi-generational family groups, trustees, personal representatives, entrepreneurial individuals, professional athletes and private businesses. In addition to transactional planning, Jennifer has acted as lead counsel and facilitator for individual, estate and flow-through entity clients under Internal Revenue Service Examination.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer practiced with Ernst & Young, LLLP as an advisor in their Private Client Services Group where she advised ultra-high-net worth individuals on income, gifts and estate planning. When not in the office, Jennifer enjoys spending time with her husband and trying (but usually failing) to keep up with her twin sons.
Professional & Community Affiliations
• Florida Bar Association
• George Edgecomb Bar Association
• Hillsborough County Bar Association
• National Association of Black Accountants
• The Tampa Connection, class of 2012
Publications & Speaking Engagements
• Editor, The Ernst & Young Tax Guide, 2013.
• Author, “Investors Beware: The Global High Wealth Industry Group Audits are Coming,” Tax Talk (in-house publication), December 2010.
• Presenter, “Selected Topics in International Trust Transactions: A Case Study,” (in-house seminar), December 15, 2010.
• Presenter, “Significant Rulings, Cases and Legislation Affecting Estate, Trust and Gift Rules,” Tax & Technical Business Seminar, Lakeland, Fla., November 17, 2010.
• Co-Author, “Partnership Structural Changes: Deductibility of Expense under Secs. 1.263(a)-5 & 709,” The Tax Advisor, September 2009 at 591.
Jennifer was born and raised in Pontiac, Michigan.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Gainesville, Florida
LL.M. Taxation, August 2008
MCGEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW, Sacramento, California
Juris Doctor, May 2007
Book Award: Appellate Advocacy
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelor of Arts, May 2003
Bar and Court Admissions