Andrew T. Jenkins
Drew Jenkins’ transactional practice focuses primarily on commercial finance, secured lending, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law. Mr. Jenkins has extensive experience representing and counseling financial institutions in structuring and documenting secured and unsecured lending transactions. In addition to his corporate practice, Mr. Jenkins has extensive experience representing creditors and trustees in Chapter 11 reorganizations and Chapter 7 liquidations. Based on his knowledge of bankruptcy reorganizations and liquidations, Mr. Jenkins often represents secured and unsecured lenders in workout transactions. Mr. Jenkins has represented the lenders, the administrative agent and collateral agents in debt financings and restructurings involving companies in a broad range of industries, including automobile dealerships, commercial and residential development, marine, manufacturing, restaurants, hotels, industrial, and recycling.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Florida Bar, Young Lawyers’ Division Board of Governors
Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Past, Secretary of the Board of Directors
- Past Chairman of the Membership Committee
- Past Board of Directors, Young Lawyers Division
American Bankruptcy Institute
- Contributor to the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay, Board of Directors
Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
Tampa Connection, Class of 2007
Leadership Tampa, Class of 2016
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as Florida's "Legal Elite" by Florida Trend magazine
Recognized as a member of Florida's "Up & Coming Legal Elite" by Florida Trend magazine
Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by Florida Super Lawyers magazine
Named to Top 50 Lawyers in Tampa by Florida Super Lawyers magazine
Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers magazine
Judge Alexander L. Paskay Bankruptcy Award
AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Representation of senior secured lender against borrower and junior lien holder in workout and restructuring of over $30 million in loans owed by related automobile dealerships.
- Representation of secured lender in real estate in the auction and sale of borrower’s manufacturing business for $3.7 million through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Representation of secured lender in workout and restructuring of $15 million loan with an interest rate swap agreement relating to a commercial marine vessel.
- Representation of the Asbestos Settlement Trust, which was established pursuant to The Celotex Corporation’s confirmed Chapter 11 plan of reorganization with assets in excess of one billion dollars.
Mr. Jenkins was born in Raleigh, North Carolina and raised in Tampa, Florida.
- May 30, 2019
- June 18, 2018
- June 22, 2017
- June 9, 2017
- January 18, 2017
- October 5, 2016
- May 9, 2016
- August 10, 2015
Stetson University, J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Articles & Symposia Editor, Stetson Law Review
- Judge Alexander L. Paskay Bankruptcy Award
University of South Florida, B.S., Industrial Engineering, 1998
Bar and Court Admissions
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit