Courtney D. Shannon
Ms. Shannon focuses her practice in the areas of federal taxation, wills, trusts, estate planning, and estate administration.
Professional & Community Affiliations
The Florida Bar
• Tax Section
• Real Property, Probate & Trust
• Young Lawyers Division
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Frank D. LoMonte and Courtney Shannon: Admissions Against Pinterest: The First Amendment Implications of Reviewing College Applicants' Social Media Speech, 49 Hofstra L. Rev. 773 (2021).
Honors & Recognitions
Florida Blue Key
Dean’s Leadership Award
Virgil Hawkins Florida Chapter National Bar Association Scholarship Award
W. George Allen Legacy Award
Alcee Hastings Fellow Florida State Conference NAACP
Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society
Trial Practice Book Award
Probate and Estate Administration: Tax Considerations Book Award
Ms. Shannon was born and raised in Florida.
University of Florida, LL.M., 2023
• Florida Tax Review Full Tuition Scholarship Recipient
• Florida Tax Review - General Editor
University of Florida, J.D., cum laude, 2022
• Governor’s Scholarship Full Tuition Merit Scholarship Recipient
• Florida Journal of International Law - Managing Editor
• Black Law Students Association - Director of Communications
University of Florida, M.Ed., Educational Leadership, 2009
University of Florida, B.A., History minor in Secondary Education, 2004
Bar and Court Admissions