Bush Ross is a full-service large local law firm located on Tampa’s picturesque Riverwalk. We were founded on the principle that clients want caring, insightful, ethical problem solvers who bring value to their businesses. We are committed to providing a “client-first” culture that emphasizes care and concern for clients and our employees.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to join our dynamic support staff team. The ideal candidate will have legal assistant experience or transferable skills gained from a different profession (i.e., legal assistant/paralegal in a different practice area, an accounting background, executive assistant, or recent college graduate) with a willingness to learn.
Essential responsibilities of the position will include:
- Organizing, tracking, and maintaining original documents and electronic files in PerfectLaw
- Scheduling meetings and deadlines and maintaining attorney calendars.
- Administrative operations such as trust deposits; check requests, expense reimbursement
- Remit Bush Ross bills to the client for payment/follow-up
- File documents with the courts or other government entities
- Compile Closing Binders/legal documents for transmission to the client
- Performing an initial assessment of project/matter deliverables and requirements
- Drafting, proofing, and finalizing legal documents
- Composing correspondence/responses that deal with legal subject matter requiring considerable discretion and judgment
- Track the status of tasks and documents requiring action by client/prospective client
- Contacting state and federal agencies
- Performing records research, review, and analysis
- Communicating and meeting with clients, as needed
- Notarization of Documents
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must be a self-starter, professional, and team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, various flowcharting programs, performing background searches and public record searches
- Familiarity with electronic filings with governmental entities and document management systems.
Life, AD&D, STD, LTD
Bush Ross is an EEO employer.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.