Litigation Legal Assistant
Bush Ross is a full-service large local law firm on Tampa’s picturesque Riverwalk. We were founded on the principle that clients want caring, insightful, ethical problem solvers who bring value to their businesses. We are committed to providing a “client-first” culture that emphasizes care and concern for clients and our employees.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our dynamic support staff team. This position will support three attorneys and requires excellent multi-tasking and organization skills. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of litigation legal assistant experience, including experience filing in both state and federal courts. Bankruptcy experience is a plus but not required.
- Organizing, tracking, and maintaining original documents and electronic files in PerfectLaw
- Scheduling meetings and deadlines, and maintaining attorney calendars.
- Administrative operations such as trust deposits; check requests, expense reimbursement
- Remit Bush Ross bills to the client for payment/follow-up
- File documents with the courts or other government entities
- Compile closing binders/legal documents for transmission to client
- Performing initial assessment of project/matter deliverables and requirements
- Drafting, proofing, and finalizing legal documents
- Composing correspondence/responses that deal with legal subject matter requiring considerable discretion and judgment
- Track status of tasks and documents requiring action by client/prospective client
- Contacting state and federal agencies
- Performing records research, review, and analysis
- Communicating and meeting with clients, as needed
- Notarization of documents
- 3+ years of litigation legal assistance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be a self-starter, professional, and team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, various flowcharting programs, performing background searches and public record searches
- Familiarity with electronic filings with governmental entities and document management systems.
Life, AD&D, STD, LTD
Bush Ross is an EEO employer.