Accounts Payable Specialist
Bush Ross is a full service large local law firm located on Tampa’s picturesque Riverwalk. We were founded over 40 years ago on the principle that clients want caring, insightful, ethical, problem solvers who bring value to their business. We are committed to providing a “client-first” culture that emphasizes care and concern for clients, as well as our employees.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our accounting team. We work as individuals, team members and as part of a growing and innovative law firm. This position processes invoices, check requests and reimbursement requests for timely payment, while ensuring that documentation and approval is in compliance with firm policies and procedures. The position is also responsible for processing electronic file uploads for client costs and vendor invoices as well as providing excellent customer service to our vendors, attorneys, management and support team.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience in a law firm environment
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures
- Experience with high volume accurate data entry
- Thorough understanding of the 1099 process
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, online Portals and accounting software programs
Duties & Responsibilities of the Role:
- Review and process a high volume of vendor invoices and supporting documentation
- Respond to internal and external inquiries in an effective, efficient, and professional manner
- File monthly sales and use tax returns
- Balance Sheet account and vendor statement reconciliations
- Process AP uploads from supporting financial systems and software
- Process Credit Card and Expense Reimbursement requests
- Setup and maintain all vendor accounts
- Produce ad hoc reports
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned
Bush Ross, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity and expression, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k + match, profit sharing, and vacation/sick/personal time off, in addition this role pays overtime for hours worked above 40 per week. Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.