Business, Tax and Corporate Finance Practice Group
Bush Ross’ clients range from start-up enterprises formed by entrepreneurs to large, well-established corporations, both publicly and privately held.
The nature of transactional law requires broad experience, a thorough understanding of diverse laws and regulations, and an appreciation of the client’s business. Bush Ross attorneys have experience in almost every form of commercial transaction, including private and public securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions. As most commercial transactions involve significant tax consequences, it is important to receive sophisticated advice in this area, and many of the attorneys working in our Business, Tax and Corporate Finance Group hold graduate degrees (LL.M.’s) in federal taxation. Our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys have proven their ability to produce results within the tight deadlines characteristic of complex commercial transactions.
Bush Ross clients range from start-up enterprises formed by entrepreneurs to large, well-established corporations, both publicly and privately held. They encompass a diverse range of industries, including banking and other financial services, manufacturing, restaurants, medicine, and various services.
We represent our business clients at every stage of their growth, from formation and initial capitalization through the development of an initial public offering.
The Business, Tax and Corporate Finance Practice Group's areas of experience include:
- Corporate finance
- Corporate governance
- Corporate law
- Design and administration of stock compensation plans
- Estate and trust tax planning, probate administration and probate disputes
- Executive and deferred compensation plans
- Federal, state and local tax planning
- Franchise and distribution law
- Joint ventures
- Limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Public and private securities offerings
- Representation of closely-held businesses
- Representation of underwriters and issuers in tax-exempt bond issues
- Retirement plans and business succession planning
- Securities law
- Trademark, copyright, licensing and other intellectual property matters
The following attorneys are in the Business, Tax and Corporate Finance Practice Group: