Medical Malpractice Defense Paralegal Position
Bush Ross is a full-service, mid-size, local law firm located on Tampa’s picturesque Riverwalk. We were founded on the principle that clients want caring, insightful, ethical, problem solvers that bring value to their business. Our civil trial team is looking for a like-minded experienced Paralegal.
Essential responsibilities of the position will include:
• Draft documents and correspondence for attorney review
• Communicate with clients, opposing counsel and experts
• Case management from initial investigation through resolution
• Proficiently review, organize and summarize medical records and billings
• Ensure completeness of medical records and follow to obtain additional records, radiological studies, labs, etc..
• Identify and locate appropriate Expert Witnesses
• Understand electronic discovery process and coordinate efforts to preserve, obtain, review, and disseminate
• Propound/respond to discovery
• Manage automated litigation support tools for organizing, coordinating and retrieving documents
• Assist attorney with trial/mediation/deposition preparation to include preparing documents for use at event, creating notebooks, contacting witnesses, working with outside vendors for trial exhibits, and much more
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a personal injury / medical malpractice defense paralegal (with significant exposure to medical records), nurse, medical case manager, risk manager, or lawyer
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• Must be a self-starter, professional, team player with a pleasant demeanor who represents the firm and client well
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Trial preparation experience is a plus
• Advanced technical skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Ability to work overtime
Bush Ross operates in a modern, business professional environment and is proud to offer its employees competitive salaries, benefits packages, a generous paid time-off policy, 401k plan and parking is free. Bush Ross is an EEO employer.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.